Last night they rolled out the red carpet and everyone was there. Almost. Olivia Colman, who won best supporting actress in a Series/Motion Picture made for Television, wasn’t able to attend the event at the Beverly Hilton. All your faves made it, though. And no one, besides possibly Meryl Streep, disappointed. Her dress was a solid “DON’T” and once again demonstrated the “classic Meryl” with a political speech ready-to-go! We are all about free speech here at Varty Savvenue, but let’s focus on what the night is all about… your talent, and obviously your attire. Denzel Washington agrees, as he put it so eloquently here. On the other hand, Ryan Gosling, we loved your speech. You too, Emma Stone.
What were the night’s top looks?
Plunging necklines south and metallics were the big trend on the 74th Golden Globes red carpet. Simone Biles, Kristen Bell (who looked phenomenal), Blake Lively, Busy Phillips, Jessica Chastain, Felicity Huffman, Sarah Jessica Parker, Jessica Biel and Mandy Moore (with the deepest plunges of all), were just a few on the long list of stars who gave their sternums more than their fair share of daylight at the Golden Globes.
Top 7: Who are the star stunners of the evening in our book?
- Kristen Bell in a plunging sequin Jenny Packham outfit
- Brie Larson in Rodarte and Forevermark jewelry
- Naomie Harris in a sleek strapless Armani Prive gown
- Carrie Underwood in an Iris Serban ensemble
- Anna Kendrick in a Vionnet dress
- Blake Lively in Atelier Versace
- Emma Stone in Valentino kinda rocked with her outfit matching her movie
Top 7: Who needed to rethink their outfits?
- Sarah Jessica Parker (Where did the stylin’ Carrie Bradshaw go? Even SJP couldn’t pull this Vera Wang off.)
- Kerry Washington (Your outfits on Scandal would have been a better choice.)
- Felicity Jones (Yes, it was pretty, but kinda ugly.)
- Octavia Spencer (No, just no.)
- Anna Chlumsky (An all green silk curtain!)
- Keri Russell (Leopard and a thick black choker….. need I say more?)
- Meryl Streep (A bejeweled nightmare. We have included a snid bit of her speech, as well.)
Other faves of the evening: Heidi Klum, Hailee Steinfeld, Nicole Kidman (who looked like a fairytale princess), and Evan Rachel Wood in a made-for-her tux (pictured below) she sure knows how to make a pant suit look good. Nice job, Rachel. We applaud you, and your message.